Merseyside Youth Association Ltd – Privacy Notice
Purpose of this notice
This notice explains how we collect and use personal data about you in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we process this.
Who collects the information
Merseyside Youth Association Ltd (Company) is the ‘data controller’ and gathers and uses certain information about you. In this notice, references to ’we’ or ‘us’ indicates Merseyside Youth Association Ltd.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the data protection principals when gathering and using personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Categories of information that we collect, hold and share.
- Personal information (such as name, address, telephone number, email address)
- Charity Status and registration number
- Company registration number
- Bank Details
- Details of contact we have had with you in relation to provision of proposed services we are to receive
- Details of any services you have received from us
- Details of correspondence and communication with you
- Information regarding any enquiries or complaints made to us
How we collect your personal data
- We obtain personal data about you for example, when:
- We engage you to provide services and purchase invoices are submitted for payment
- You contact us by email, telephone, post (for example you have a query regarding services or payment issues)
- From third parties and/or public available resources (for example companies house)
How we use personal data we hold about you
- We will only collect and process personal data for the purpose necessary to fulfil a contract we have entered into with you
- We have obtained your consent to use in a specific manner
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and providing that your rights do not override these interests. For example, statistical and management purposes, reporting to our board of trustees, circulation of company annual accounts and impact report
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it.
- All hard copy information will be kept in locked filing cabinet within Merseyside Youth Association Ltd.
- All electronic information will be held on password protected secure staff network, which is backed up on a cloud based storage system
- Records are only viewed by those who need access to the personal data
We will assess what retention period is appropriate for your specific personal data and take into consideration:
- The requirements of our business
- Any statutory and legal obligations
- The purpose for which we collected the personal data
- The types of data we collected
We will only share your personal data outside Merseyside Youth Association when required to:
- For audit purposes
- Are required to by law
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you have provided consent for the processing of your personal data for a specific purpose you have the right to withdraw at any time.
On notification that you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your personal information for the purposes you agreed to unless we are required by the law.
Changes to this notice
Any changes to this privacy notice in future will be provided via email
This privacy notice is dated 25th September 2019
If you have any questions regarding this notice or want to speak to us regarding the use of your personal data please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass your request onto our Data Protection Officer.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF